Not Politicly Correct
For "experienced" Emergency Coordinators that are more interested
in perpetuating the "good ol' boy" club or those that are just too
stupid to learn from their peers, we have the not so politically
correct EC information.
If you recognize yourself in any of these, you need to either quit
your assignment as EC or go in for a frontal lobomy. Or is it that
you have already had the lobotomy and nothing changed?
- If you are the EC, you damned well better be able to teach ALL
of the Basic/NCS ECom and do it by example
or you are just an example of yet another screw up
by the "good ol' boyz".
- DON'T profusly praise those that screw up! You are teaching them
that there is no consequence for screwing up, and the real screw up is
you! WHO THE HELL IS GOING TO PAY ATTENTION TO TRAINING
MATERIAL WHEN YOU'VE PRAISED THEIR WRONGS AS RIGHT!
If they screw up, thank them for their time (every one deserves that)
and then ignore them until they are ready to listen
to the training.
- If all you as EC know how to do is ATV, ditto reason number 1.
- If, after several years as an EC you still cannot handle the
planning for events like the MS-150, what the hell are you doing
calling yourself an EC? Your job is to plan and coordinate the
event(s), NOT to get your face in front of someone you hope will
further your Monday through Friday "career".
- The time for a person to learn how to run a net is LONG before
you appoint them your new Net Manager! If they are a screw-up
as NCS they are not suddenly going to improve. Remember, a new
appointment is like a promotion - it MUST be given for good work,
not just for showing up.
- If you appoint someone to a post and after a full year they are
still screwing up that job, find them some meaningfull work they
can handle, like picking up pieces of paper after the net.